Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Kerry's Post

Hi all from Jeremie!
This trip is going so well. We all are working very hard at our assignments and getting as much done as we can in our short time here.  I knew going to a third world country would be an eye-opening experience but I am surprised by a few things.  The first thing that surprises me is how happy people are here.  They seem to always be smiling and cheerful.  Another thing is that this the poorest conditions I have ever seen but people are walking around with cell phones everywhere.  It is amazing to me that they are so behind the times in some things ... like carrying huge baskets on their heads and going down the street on a burrow.  But still able to make cell phone calls.  Mixie and I are on a mission to get a picture of a Haitian riding on a burrow while talking on a cell phone!  That would be a sight.  Others have written much more eloquent than I and have given y'all a great mental picture and summary of what we see and are doing.  I have spent the most of my time in the orphanage painting and trying not to completely fall in love with the kids.  They are just sooooooo cute and genuine!!  They are truly beautiful gifts from God.  I feel blessed to get to see them every day and get hugs from them.  I will really miss them when we go.  Tomorrow will be exciting when we throw a party for them and give them all the things we brought for them.  Thanks to your generous and wonderful donations it is possible for us to do this....it will bring so much happiness to their world.  Thank you!!
God bless,
Kerry C

1 comment:

  1. I'll try again to say how proud we are of everyone for your work there. What a blessing for you to have the means and time to devote to this effort.

    Kerry's Mom & Dad -- Doubly proud of her.

    ReplyDelete